Friday, July 2, 2010

Georgia's "Teliani Valley Saperavi Red Dry"

Matt and I stumbled across this wine the other day at a grocery store in the city center and mistook it for Israeli wine so we excitedly bought it. After drinking it over the weekend and enjoying it so much I thought I should add it to my blog. It wasn't until I looked it up for this post that I realized it is Georgian in origin. I didn't know wine could be produced from that part of the world. Here is what the wine's website has to say about this wine:

"This beautiful, powerful saperavi offers aromas of black cherry and cassis, followed by full, ripe fruit flavors and a hint of spiced Oak. The tannins are ripe and integrate a generous dose of cedar and vanilla that fans out in the finish. Enjoy this powerful wine with barbecue."

I found it to be a nice, full bodied dry red which is what I really like. I don't know how much Georgia exports their wines but if you come across it you should definitely try it.

No comments: