Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mexican "Salsa de Tomatillo y Aguacate"- Avocada and Tomatillo Salsa

I recently purchased a food processor and can now make all kinds of things I was unable to make before. One of the first things I tried with my new food processor was this salsa. It was so easy and delicious. Store bought salsa is definitely a thing of the past!





6 tomatillos, husked and rinsed well
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 serrano chile, stem removed
1 teaspoon salt
1 rice avocado, peeled and cubed

Instructions
Place tomatillos, onion, cilantro, garlic, chile, and salt in a food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Add avocado and puree until smooth. Add a bit of water if needed- salsa should be a little thicker than tomato sauce.

Yield:3 cups

Variation: Try using different kids of peppers. I had jalapenos on hand so I used those instead of serranos. Try adding pineapple to sweeten it up for something different.

No comments: